We’ve got a couple of updates this week:
- The City of Atlanta will be paving back and removing road plates on Tuesday, August 13, and potentially Wednesday, August 14, on Collier Road and Peachtree Road.
Work to widen Collier Road has started and should be complete by early 2020. This work will add a second left-turn lane from Collier Road east-bound to Peachtree Road north-bound. A graphic is shown here: https://betterpiedmont.org/collier-road/.
We’d like to share information about a few anticipated closures related to this work:
- The sidewalk on the north side of Collier Road (Piedmont side) will be closed from Peachtree Road to Hospital Drive from September 2019 through January 2020. Pedestrian traffic will be directed to use the sidewalk on the south side of Collier Road in this area.
- Lane closures will also be associated with this work.
- Tentatively, the west-bound lane of Collier Road is planned to be closed September 3, 2019, through September 9, 2019, and October 25, 2019, through October 31, 2019, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day.
- During the closures, flaggers will facilitate traffic flow in the reduced laneage on Collier Road; however, anticipate major traffic impacts during these weeks.
- Further, since this involves roadwork, there will be periods of time where lanes are milled, so the road noise from traffic may be louder than usual.
We will update this website as information becomes available. Thank you for your patience as we improve the roadways in our community.