We have a few updates this week:
- Piedmont is beginning the work to soften the right turn from Peachtree Road to Collier Road.
- To do this work, the farthest right southbound lane on Peachtree Road will be closed from approximately the area across from Jimmy Johns, around the corner on Collier Road, closing one lane on Collier Road to the intersection of Wycliff Road. This work will be performed from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. from Monday, September 16, through Saturday, September 28.
- The sidewalk along Peachtree Road on Piedmont Hospital’s side will be closed from Brighton Road south rounding the corner onto Collier Road to the intersection with Anjaco Road. This closure is in place from Monday, September 16, through Friday, November 15. Please use the sidewalk in front of the retail shops across from Piedmont Hospital.
- On Monday, September 16, Georgia Power notified Piedmont that they will be working on Peachtree Road near Yumbii overnights from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. The duration of the work is expected to be approximately 2-3 weeks. At some point, over a weekend, all southbound lanes of Peachtree Road will be closed. This work is unrelated to Piedmont Atlanta Tower. Piedmont will provide updates when made aware of Georgia Power’s plans.
- On Monday, September 16, Georgia Power notified Piedmont that they will be working on Sunday, September 22, starting at 5:30 a.m. The gas station and some residences along Collier Road across from the Hospital will not have power from approximately 7 a.m. – 11 a.m. on Sunday. Georgia Power will also have lane closures on Peachtree Road on Sunday, September 22, until approximately 1 p.m. Georgia Power will send robocalls to customers to notify them at the most recent phone number on file.