As part of our commitment to building better, Piedmont Atlanta is excited to announce that construction of the Piedmont Atlanta Tower will include a special project to widen Collier Road at the Peachtree Road intersection. This project will improve traffic flow, afford more space for safe pedestrian travel and will fall in line with the Beltline Overlay District Standards.
Work to widen Collier Road has started and should be complete by early 2020. This work will add a second left-turn lane from Collier Road east-bound to Peachtree Road north-bound. A graphic is shown below.
We’d like to share information about a few anticipated closures related to this work:
- The sidewalk on the north side of Collier Road (Piedmont side) will be closed from Peachtree Road to Hospital Drive from September 2019 through January 2020. Pedestrian traffic will be directed to use the sidewalk on the south side of Collier Road in this area.
- Lane closures will also be associated with this work.
- Tentatively, the west-bound lane of Collier Road is planned to be closed September 3, 2019, through September 9, 2019, and October 25, 2019, through October 31, 2019, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day.
- During the closures, flaggers will facilitate traffic flow in the reduced laneage on Collier Road; however, anticipate major traffic impacts during these weeks.
- Further, since this involves roadwork, there will be periods of time where lanes are milled, so the road noise from traffic may be louder than usual.
Thank you for your patience as we improve the roadways in our community.